EditLink South Africa is a team of data research, data analysis, data interpretation, writing and editing experts who have pulled their experiences, skills and knowledge from the academic, business and institutional disciplines into a unified intellectual services firm. This integration of expertise has created strong synergistic advantages which have been useful in providing a wide range of intellect-related services including academic writing support services, academic research, corporate and academic data analysis, business and institutional reports, business plans and a variety of other business and personal services.
Our mission is to provide impeccable quality output for businesses, public and private institutions and the academia through highly convenient service delivery channels manned by suitably qualified, well motivated personnel. Our services will add the value to data and information with the purpose of ensuring that our clients’ envisaged objectives are met.
We offer four levels of editing to South African and global postgraduate researchers and writers. These are proofreading, line editing, copy-editing and developmental editing. Each level automatically includes the benefits of a previous level i.e. copy-editing naturally comes with line editing and proofreading.
Proofreading is the first and most basic form of editing. The goal behind proofreading is the final improvement of the grammatical quality of a manuscript before it is published. A manuscript must, therefore, be brought for proofreading when it is deemed ready for publication. This is the last stop to check for typos and inconsistencies that might have escaped the writers’ and editors’ scrutiny.
Proofreading involves identifying and correcting errors of text: spelling errors, punctuation mistakes, misuse of tenses, etc. Proofreading also involves the structuring and restructuring of sentences and paragraphs to improve the flow and the comprehensiveness of the content. Generally, with proofreading the focus is on the grammatical aspect of a manuscript. This means that a fully proofread manuscript can still be inaccurate and imprecise.
Line editing is a step above proofreading. With line editing the focus is not on the grammar itself but on how it (the grammar) facilitates the intended communication. Line editors, unlike proofreaders, are concerned about whether your writing and structuring of the manuscript make it understandable and enjoyable to read. Line editors will therefore worry about your construction and sequencing of sentences and paragraphs, your choice of words and the level of complexity in your document.
Copy-editing involves the first two levels of editing above (proofreading and line editing) and also, most importantly, checks for factual and numerical correctness in a manuscript. While a proofreader will not check if what you have written is indeed correct from a factual standpoint, a copy editor will. Thus with copy-editing places, names, addresses, actions, numbers, dates mentioned in a manuscript must be correct before a manuscript can be passed on as done. Copy editors also ensure that the technical and structural aspects of a manuscript are perfect for publication. These include manuscript formats, fonts, colours, references, tables of contents, appendices, etc. Another important process carried out at the copy-editing level is plagiarism control. Copy editors must ensure that the output they sent out has a significantly high originality index – usually above 88% for most institutions.
In statistical and mathematical analysis, copy editors play the role of ensuring that calculations, formulas and any other input and output forms are correct. They, therefore, have to re-work statistical and mathematical calculations to ensure they are correct.
Developmental editing combines proofreading, line editing and copy-editing processes with content development. The editor, on top of conducting the three types of editing above also focuses on ensuring that the content:
- Contains the necessary chapters, sections, theories and models that can improve its clarity and relevance
- Is of an intended size and volume
- Meets the targeted audiences specifications
- Falls within a specified publishing budget
In developmental editing, the editor takes a more involved role that includes writing and re-writing significantly large sections of a manuscript. The manuscript writer is therefore responsible for coming up with a seemingly complete manuscript that a developmental editor then works on. A developmental editor can come up with completely new concepts for the manuscript, unlike a line or copy editor who do not develop any new concepts for the writer but work on ensuring that existing concepts are comprehensive and meaningful.
A dissertation is probably the most critical academic work one may have to produce during an undergraduate/postgraduate study cycle. In today’s world, dissertations have evolved from being merely a written presentation between you and your institution. The existence of online repositories where progressive universities and colleges upload all successful dissertations now means that your dissertation is accessible to the world at large. Potential employers, further study institutions, research partners, publishers and other parties who might be important for your career advancement can now see how you conduct research and present your work. Thus a dissertation gives you an opportunity to market your strong capabilities as a researcher, thinker and writer.
This is why we at EditLink believe that it is important for you to seek assistance where you are in doubt about anything dissertation. Our dissertations support services include:
- Assistance in concept/idea generation
- Research proposal development guidelines
- Research designing
- Actual data collection (primary and secondary data)
- Presentation and formatting
- Data analysis support
- 360 degree tutorial guidance during the whole process
Our services create the following benefits to students:
- Enhanced ability to meet deadlines
- Submission of a complete, institutionally-compliant dissertations
- Submission of a logical and professional dissertation
- Managed research costs and time frames
- Saved costs of resubmission due to failure to meet institutional requirements
- Reduced plagiarism risks
These benefits always guarantee a pass for most students. For more information on dissertation support please send an email to email@example.com or contact us through the other contact details provided on this site.
Remember, our services are 100% confidential and where required, anonymous.
EditLink also offers support for PhD level theses and publications including journal articles. Our support services are quite broad and include:
- Primary research
- Secondary research
- Editing (text, numerals, grammar and logic)
- Data analysis
- Plagiarism checks and control
To request or enquire about our services, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)or respond through any of our included details.
How to start
Are you interested in any of our services? This is basically how we operate:
- Please send us an email, a chat, an SMS or a call with your request. Where possible kindly attach the document or work concerned.
- Upon receipt we will study your document/work and revert back with a brief preview and a quotation for changes or for full production.
- For larger works, a Service Level Agreement and confidentiality guarantees will be sent for your signature.
- With regards to payment, a deposit may be required prior to commencement of the work.
- The work will be processed and completed and sent to you for review. Full payment may be required before this is done.
- If required the work will be re-edited/re-worked and another preview sent afterwards until it meets 100% of your specifications.
We have provided postgraduate researchers from South Africa and the Southern African region with quality research support and data analysis services for the past six years. We are a proud partner in the promotion of quality, world class academic research and scholarship. We are experts in both qualitative and quantitative data analysis and have experience with South Africa’s most preferred data analysis software including Atlas.ti, SPSS, NVIVO and Eviews.
Data analysis is the scientific process of establishing and confirming objective meanings from unprocessed/partially-processed information. Statistical data analysis is a major section of data analytics that is centred on making meaning of data that can be expressed in numerical terms.
We offer professional data analysis services to academics, businesses and professional entities. Our data analysis services include:
- Data structuring
- Data capturing
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Findings Reporting
- Findings Presentation
- Research Designing
- Research Report editing
- Secondary data analysis (Review of literature)
Our services are designed to improve and enhance data integrity, reliability, validity and quality of presentation for all types of data analysis projects.For more information on our data analysis services please send an email to email@example.com.
The nature of the data:
Statistical data analysis is mainly guided by the nature of the data and the objectives of the analysis.
- Is it qualitative or is it quantitative?
- Is it static or dynamic?
- Is it primary data or secondary data?
- Is it structured or is it unstructured?
- Is it hybrid?
We work with researchers to come up with the most appropriate data analysis regime for every project. We therefore look at our clients’ overall research perspective and are always ready to advise on the best processes that can professionally enhance research output.
Objectives of statistical data analysis:
- Descriptive: To describe relationships, objects, occurrences or phenomena.
- Exploratory: To understand unknown or partially-known elements in relationships, objects, occurrences or phenomena.
- Causal: The find out how a change in a variable(s) will affect the relationships, objects, occurrences or phenomena related to that variable
- Predictive: To predict the end result of defined interactions amongst relationships, objects, occurrences or phenomena.
- Inferential: To apply discoveries in relationships, objects, occurrences or phenomena to a wider population.
The nature of the data together with the objectives of the data analysis exercise will assist in the identification of the most appropriate data analysis process.
Statistical data analysis steps
At EditLink, our statistical data analysis processes are listed below. To fully capture your data analysis and presentation expectations we:
- Understand your data analysis goals and objectives
- Study your data, the data capturing and collection processes
- Determine the appropriate tests based on your objectives and on the nature of your data
- Data cleaning: Clarify and correct data inconsistencies
- Capture/Export data to a data analysis software
- Conduct relevant data reliability and validity analyses
- Carry out the appropriate or required tests
- Present the data (textual, graphical and tabular formats)
- Prepare a complete data analysis report as per your format
- Forward the completed report to you for review
- Fine tune any matters as per your suggestion
We acknowledge that every research project is unique and may therefore require an equally unique approach.
Hi. My name is Abisha. I believe that greatness is written. I,therefore, guarantee you quality workmanship in unlocking the greatness in your manuscript. Please contact me and my team using the details below: